REC, Bhalki started its MBA department in the year 1998 with intake of 30 students. Now it has present intake of 60 students. MBA course is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum and approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The main objective is to provide industry oriented management education to the rural based students so that all round managers are produced.
- MBA department has well qualified, dedicated and rich experienced faculties with diverse background from industries.
- Many of the visiting professors from premier institutes and guest faculties from leading industries shares their views and experiences with the students.
- MBA curriculum is always on the course of upgradation and updating in every aspect. It covers thorough understanding of multiple disciplines for the formulation of competitive strategies in the midst of dynamic national and international environments.
- MBA Department geared with an adequate infrastructure and all other requisites to impart value based management education with creative and scientific training methods.
- MBA course is of two years (full time) and spread over four semesters. It comprises of twenty core subjects with eight specialization papers.
- Specializations offered are Marketing, Finance & Human Resources Management.
- Students have to undergo In-Plant training for thirty days between second & third semester and they have to carry out Project work for forty five days between third & forth semester on opted specialized area in any organization to get practical exposure & on hand experience.
- MBA department is having the computer center with the latest configuration systems and broadband internet facility is provided to the students.
- Well furnished seminar hall is provided to prepare & deliver paper presentations/ seminars for the students.
- MBA department conduct workshops and seminars on current topics by the experts regularly.
- Students are encouraged to participate in State/National level inter collegiate competitions.
- Separate MBA library is having about 3000 finest text books and adequate national and international journals/ magazines.
- Teaching methodology mainly focus on live case studies and students are encouraged to participate in the case study discussions & case problem solutions.
- Additional short-term certificate courses are conducted which has high potential value for placement and career development.
- MBA department organizes regular industrial visits to enable it to establish close interaction between industry & institute.
- Creative management students club (CMSC) organizes various co-curricular activities like quizzes, mock sessions, role plays, Group Discussions etc. at regular intervals which provides a platform for students to expose their hidden talents and enhance their social, leadership, communication & management skills.
- MBA department organizes “Mana-Quest”, a management & cultural festival to attracts students to participate in various competitions every year.
- Management students association keep in touch with the Alumni & organizes Alumni Meets regularly.
- Separate placement committee helps students in choosing best career options by organizing soft skills training workshops & assist them in placement activities.